Friday, September 08, 2006

Fashion Shows Milan 2006 – 2007

Foto by Luca LazzariThank God its Fashion! September has arrived and with it Milan is the center of the Fashion Universe. With over 400 stylists presenting their newest creations over the next 3 weeks, Milan is the place to be. This is not my day job, so I will not be able to attend except a small number of the shows, but I will write about the most important over the next 30 days. So check back often.

First, to things which directly concern me. This year, men’s attire will be characterized by deep natural colors and textures. Layers are the name of the game. Cashmere cardigans, heavy wool sweater pullovers, jackets of all kinds and a scarf complete the look. A new man is born, royalty in his blood and the attitude to show it is the theme. This man is never without tight slacks and an austere jacket. The long tail Tuxedo and the elegant smoking jacket allow this man to show that class is in the blood and not the wallet. For those sure enough of their masculinity the overcoat with fur lapels is the way to go.

I will be following Versace, Canali, Missoni, Burani, Prada, Armani, Valentino, and others. More to come my friends, it is fashion season.

Tags:

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get to go to the fashion shows in Milan? That sounds like a lot of fun!

5:01 PM

 
Blogger ColleenQ said...

I'm a "Project Runway" addict - that'd be great if they could film in Milan, too.

6:54 PM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Jennifer Unfortunately it is only a hobby.

CQ Instead of just watching the show you could be at the presentations. It takes a little planning but is very doable.

4:54 AM

 
Blogger Alfonso Cevola said...

Bring back some of them gloves...we can use them for our cat burglar gigs

8:46 AM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

IWG I have always loved leather gloves and this year they are really in.

I will be brinking back a pair for a different kind of gig... with my be'be'. Soooooo cooooool!

6:22 AM

 
Blogger RennyBA said...

I was in Milan same time three years ago. I've never bomped into so many beatuies in a weekend before:-)
Have a lovely week ahead!

1:38 PM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Renny This is truly a great time to be in Italy, wine harvest and the women are marvelous!

2:00 PM

 
Blogger Alfonso Cevola said...

hey I'm telling Rafa

2:37 PM

 
Blogger Doll Face said...

Ohhh! Me likey!!!

Bring on the Cavalli for me!

12:09 AM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Natalie I agree. Raffaella is trying to convince me to pick up the Cavalli before I return. I am not sure that Dallas could get over the shock factor!

10:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home