Sunday, January 08, 2006

Turin Olympics – The Schedule


The Torino 2006 Winter Olympics begin with the opening ceremonies on February 10, 2006 in the city of Turin. Ice Hockey, Speed Skating, Figure Skating, Figure Skating and Curling will all be held in the city itself while the outdoor sports will be located in the various resort locations around Piemonte.

Here are the sports and the locations where the competition will be held:

Ski Jumping, Cross Country, and Nordic Combined – Pragelato
Alpine Skiing – Sestriere and San Sicario Fraiteve
Biathlon – Cesano San Sicario
Bobsleigh, Skeleton, and Luge – Cesano Pariol
Freestyle Skiing – Sauze d’Oulx, Jouvenceaux
Snowboard - Bardonecchia

Complete information including the explanation of the events can be downloaded [955k Pdf file] here

Tickets can be purchased here

Sestiere is truly beautiful whether you ski or not and is definitely worth spending a week. Unfortunately I have not been to the other locations as I preferred destinations closer to my home in Bergamo.

Tags:

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Beau said...

Hi David,
I haven't had a chance to respond to the recent comment you left on my blog, but I shall. I've got a small favor to ask. My blog main page isn't displaying properly in IE6 when I try to publish more than 3 posts (only a few posts show up, and the side bar doesn't display). It looks fine in Netscape though. Would you mind checking my site (if you have IE6), and letting me know if you can see the whole main page (should be ten posts, and the side bar stuff)? If you can see everything then it might be the way I have IE6 setup, or running on my PC. If not, I suppose it might be an IE6/Blogger problem with my site. I've e-mailed blogger support, but thought I'd try a few things first. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Beau

5:18 PM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

I have been looking at things. I will respond on private email.

David

6:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home