Monday, May 14, 2007

Women’s Fashion on the Riviera 2007 – Skin is In

Recently I wrote about the 2007 beachwear fashion tendencies promoted by the Italian designers. I truly expected to see a net move toward somewhat less revealing bathing suits and a return to colors and fabrics from the 60s. Well, the first big exodus from the cities to the beaches has come and gone and it looks like the designers have missed the season. I am definitely not complaining. The Italian Riviera reminds me of Carnival in Rio with lots of tanned skin as eye candy.

There is a difference between the beaches on the East and West coasts of Italy. The East coast, because of the shallow sea, are the favorite destinations of families and have a great nightlife for the under 21 crowd while the west coast and Sardegna are more adult. Many cities on the East coast have passed decency ordinances particularly in from Ancona to Pescara. In these areas, bring shorts and a shirt or the outfits designed to wear over the bathing suit. Even when strolling the boardwalk city officials will fine those considered to be showing too much skin.

I should also say that I was pleasantly surprised to see how many people did not mind having their pictures taken or even posing for a shot. Somehow I think this is going to be a great summer for those fortunate enough to vacation in Italy.

Tags: href="http://technorati.com/tag/Fashion" rel="tag">Fashion

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you say skin was in? looks like silicon is thriving too...

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Beatrice Who am I to complain...

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

has it ever been OUT?

11:32 PM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Tracie b. I guess it is more of a relative percentage of skin... I kinda like it.

7:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home