Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Beach Fashion Summer 2006 – More is better

Time to get ready for the beach. Worried about those extra pounds?

This year’s tendency is for the fuller, rounder figure. Gone are the stick skinny bodylines. Bikinis have more cloth and appreciation for the curves is back.



Thank goodness, women can be women again. Bikinis also are following the trend, still with bright colors and interesting textures but black and white also have their place.




The one piece is also picking up share, they are not necessarily made with more cloth but they also have their place. These swimsuits are primarily found from the higher end designer but are getting more exposure.

One of my favorites is also making the beach scene this year, the pare’o or beach dress. The pare’o is a large rectangle usually made of light cotton or silk and can be wrapped to create numerous looks. A girl can throw this on and be ready for a night of dinner and dancing. I find the soft slinky textures extremely sexy and it reduces the down time of going back to the hotel to change.

Along with the bright colors and a few black or white schemes accessories are taking a 1950-1960s look. Large sunglasses and really wide brimmed hats are the fad. Finally, probably the most important accessory of all, the 45+ year old man is a necessity. On this one it may seem that I am attempting to increase my own addressable market but this is the way it is.
So prepare for you summer fun, bright colors, a silk pare’o, large dark sunglasses alla Sofia Loren, a white wide brimmed hat and of course a 45+ beaux to complete the look.

Tags:

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I was about to say best post ever, agreeing with you on everything, especially the curves and the pareo until I got to the 45+ accessory! :(

10:23 PM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

gone is the skinny trend?! ah david, i'll believe it when i see it...

4:51 AM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Ladies - thank you for commenting. I always enjoy reading your thoughts although I am a bit dissappointed that us 45+ accessories, now that we finally have our day, do not meet your expectations!

1:15 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I still stand by my view. But the keyword here is "accessory", not partner.

9:14 PM

 
Blogger Ann said...

I'm with Tracie, will believe it when I see it. Still seems "thin" is in. Guess my hubby almost counts as an "accessory", since he's going on 42, does he still count?
Ann
http://www.blogcharm.com/amborg

2:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home