Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Shoes, shoes, shoes – Valentino Winter 2007

by Raffaella.

The Valentino 2007 Winter Women’s Collection has a little something for everyone. There are open shoes, heeled shoes, ballerina shoes and boots. I have always considered the open shoes, those shoes that show the foot and/or toes, intriguing yet, at the same time, accessories that not every woman can wear, and not because of how much they cost.

Sandals evidence the foot, as the décolleté frames the breasts. If the foot is not beautiful, perhaps has some small imperfection, this model accentuates the small defect and makes it look like ten extra pounds in last season’s bikini. Sandals are for those women with beautiful feet. If we can get over the perfect foot syndrome, open shoes and sandals should be worn exclusively without stockings. Since this is the Winter wear, the only solution for those who suffer the cold as I do would be a very high quality stocking, veil thin. Personally, if I cannot go without stockings, either because of the weather or because I have not had time to get my tan up to snuff, I will not wear sandals.


This sandal is elegant, perfect with a cocktail dress or formal evening gown. It may be hard to match with something less elegant. It would be marvelous with some of the Valentino High Fashion outfits.




“More than a sandal, not quite a shoe.” There is very little skin showing, a transparent lightweight stocking could work here. The design is not too formal thus it is flexible and could easily accompany a nice tailleur or a black leather outfit. I would not wear these shoes with pants, these shoes merit to be seen.




This model is aggressive. The woman who wears these shoes must have both beautiful feet and ankles. The elaborate leather pattern pulls the attention to the foot while the ankle band initiates the eye on that upward journey of a nice pair of legs. If the foot or ankle disappoint, the vision is interrupted and the scenic view becomes a somewhat annoying drive in a neighborhood on the wrong side of the tracks.




Décolleté shoes with heels are more in line with my idea of winter footwear. This first model is the one that I would choose out of the entire line, since I do not consider my feet worth be framed for the world to see.






Winter, grey sky, a misty rain falling continuously throughout the day, a cold chill blows through the seams of my forest green raincoat as I walk through Largo Augusto. These shoes are versatile; they will work with both professional and not too formal evening attire.





Elegant yet versatile, not limited to just evening or cocktail occasions, this shoe can be the protagonist or a compliment. This shoe is appropriate in professional occasions as well as the evening dinner. The black and white contrast creates just enough distraction to make these shoes playful while maintaining a formal aura.




The Ballerina shoes are not part of my repertoire, however I can appreciate their attraction. Only taller women should wear Ballerina shoes. On the rest of us, Ballerina shoes can make us look like ducks, with feet, perhaps, a bit too long for the rest of our body. Paris is heavy into the Ballerina shoes this year but, for me, I will stay with my heels.










I love boots, all kinds of boots. These boots with a large base for the foot are comfortable even on the longer days. The heel is high enough to give a bit of length to the leg yet not so high that it is difficult to walk. I would wear something short with these boots, leaving enough space to evidence the playful bow.






Tags:



Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jas said...

Wow...I wish I had had these for my husband's cocktail party last Sat night. They would go well with my flamenco dress. :)
well, women and shoes...what can I say?

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Jas They are nice. I learned a great deal from this post. I do not think that Raffaella's feet are not beautiful. I personally prefer the first photo and the black and white, after that I like the pink sandals. We learn something every day!

4:01 PM

 
Blogger Doll Face said...

I have a little footsie/ankle problem, i know i say i totter around in 4" heels alomost everyday, during my younger years of dancing and gymnastics i injured my right ankle and left knee so i only wear shoes with an ankle strap to take a little stress away from the foot, so i can only wear the cream leather ones... Not even the flats.

sad but true, so limiting on my shoe collection - oh yeah i do have 43 pairs (last time i counted)

7:43 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

It might be a playful bow, but wear a boot on each foot and try walking without the bows playing with each other!

I like to dream...

11:05 PM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Natalie Only 43 pairs?

ChickBabe Now I would like to see the strutt that gets those bows playing together!

6:02 AM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

ciao raffaela! i love me some shoes...esp open-toes...i wear the as long as i can get away with it!

4:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the shoes are nice, but who can afford them?

1:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow these shoes are soo beautiful

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home