Monday, September 25, 2006

Italian Fashion Children Fall Winter 2006/2007

This article is directed to all the Dads out there. I am a father of four girls. At every occasion for gifts I would have a very difficult time. Just giving my kids money to go and buy whatever they wanted is not my style but, at the same time, buying gifts for your girls is a tremendous task. I know most will just ask the wife to take care of the problem but I think you are missing a great opportunity. Instead of slugging the gift off to someone else or buying the latest electronic gadget try picking up one of these outfits. Even more fun could be an afternoon of shopping. Your daughters will be flabbergasted and you will make a lasting impression!

I must admit that I am not very impressed with this year’s children fashion for the Fall Winter season. Usually there are numerous styles that take into account a child’s lifestyle while teaching kids the importance of looking your best in every situation. The designs follow the themes presented for the Women’s Fall Winter collections. That means from Russia with Love while exposing an underlying current of oriental colors and patterns.

Some of the designers decided that they were creating the costumes of a fairytale school play and others stuck strictly to the traditional pink for girls and blue for boys. Two of the designers, “Parrot KI6?” and “Miss Blumarine”, have some interesting pieces that mix and match could be the basis for some interesting combinations.

Parrot KI6? presents a series of white and off-white coats and jackets with matching fur lined boots, gloves and white jeans. The shirts are rigorously embroidered with colorful images. The hats pick up the Russian deep winter caps with fur and light colored cottons. The general impression I get from these outfits is that of a healthy, sport minded child. The clothes are layered so they will be warm and still allow movement.

Miss Blumarine has very clean lines and some neat fluff. This line has some grown-up designs while still being child’s clothing. In other words your preteen can feel like a teenager while still dressing appropriately for her age. She might balk at the pinks, however try showing her the entire outfit together, you may be surprised. I really like the lace up boots and the wool sweaters. The jacket and overcoat with the bustier ties in the back is also interesting.
So guys, take the chance, do something your kids will never expect and show them you have both style and class. Take them shopping, preferably without Mom!

Tags:



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the black and red outfit, it's cute. And I like the pink coat that laces in the back. The rest I'm not too excited about. But, I don't get to pick out Maddie's clothes anymore :( Can you believe she wants to choose her own? Sheesh.

3:03 AM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Jennifer I agree entirely with your choices.

How about kids wanting to choose their own clothing taking all the fun out of it for us parents...

That is why I suggested a day with Dad, an alternative gift.

6:02 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

David - I think that is such a cool idea to go for a shopping spree. I know of 2 girls here who would certainly take their dad up on that offer if that happened too..

8:43 AM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Expat I see it as a Dad, egoistically, we rarely get to spend fun time with our kids. Mom is usually the confidant while Dad is too often just a wallet. Shopping with kids is an opportunity to learn about them, see how they interact in a different environment and to give them something that they will most likely remember for a long time.

It is not a happy realization for many but we do judge a book by its' cover and the first 30 seconds in any meeting are when most people make their long term opinions of others.

So I see this as good for the kids and great for Dad!

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home